Cinque Ports Lodge No. 1206 was officially constituted on December 18, 1867, and consecrated on March 3, 1868. The lodge initially met at the King’s Arms on Strand Street in Sandwich, Kent, in 1868, before moving to the Bell Hotel in 1874. From here they took over the Sandwich Masonic Hall nearby the Bell Hotel. Lodge No 1206 was allocated to them by the Grand Lodge of England. This is not a representative of the 1,206th Lodge to be formed in England however, this number may have been recycled from another Lodge, that no longer exist.